Hi! I’m Farhana and I hoard pattern paper and crafting supplies! Like seriously! I have no idea when and where I got the paper that I used on this card, and the die has been in my ‘to use’ pile since January!
When shopping I’m super ambitious and think that I will make ALL the interactive cards, but clearly there’s not even a handful on the blog! For today’s card, I kept most of it simple, as it took me a while to get to put together the interactive part. I used the Fortune Cookie Slider die from Honey Bee Stamps.
I die cut all the pieces from white card stock, inked blended them and added a sentiment Fortunate To Have You stamp set.
Welcome back to the blog! I thought that I would pop in today with a quick and easy card. I say easy even after I made like a bunch of mistakes while making it!
Firstly I forgot to print a statement till the card was done, so y’all get a sneak peak the the new September release! Then I tried to stamp on the acetate, but my stazon ink pad was dry! And lastly, I feel like the images could have been a little larger! Why I am still sharing the cards? Well I want to show y’all that no one is perfect! And the end results weren’t the worst!
Enough chit chatting, let’s get to the cards! I started by resizing and printing the flower and leaves from the Prized Life Digital Set. Then I colored and fussy cut the images. Then to create the window card base, I started by ink blending the front using a stencil. I cut out about 1.5 inches in the middle of the card front, adhering the two pieces using some acetate. I covered the back of the acetate with white card stock to hide the adhesive. At this point you can use stazon ink to stamp the sentiment onto the acetate, but since my was dried out, I stamped it above and below the window. Lastly I adhered the colored images from the Prized Life Digital Set using some foam tape on to the acetate.
Thanks for stopping by! If you create a card using the Prized Life Digital Set please tag me (@everydayengineered) and @joyclairstamps! Don’t forget to stop by again on the 9th for the new release!
Oh my look who is blogging! After weeks of clearing my craft room, I realized how much stuff I have accumulated yet never used, I decided that its time to go from hoarder to crafter! And then I made 22 cards in 9 days, and am super pumped and excited to remain creative and re-start this blog again. But blogging with a twist! No new and fresh stuff, its going to be a throwback themed blog where I am going to try and go through all the stamps that a still BRAND NEW in my drawers! Story time is over and lets get to today’s cards!
Yup, I made three cards using one stamp set and a background die. I did use sentiments from different stamp and die sets. But you can always use the sentiments from the stamp set. I just needed these sentiments!
Gatefold card : For this card I started with a 5.5 x 8.5 inch piece of card stock, scored at 2.25 inches from each end to create the gate fold. Then I cut a lattice diecut in half, attaching it to either flap of the card base. After coloring and diecutting the wreath image, I attached it to half of the card front, so that it can still open up. Then I threaded the ribbon through the wreath, glued it to the back and tied a bow in the front. To finish off, I stamped a sentiment and added some jewels to finish off.
Window card : For this card, I started with a lattice die cut and a top folding A2 size card base. I used a circle die matching to die cut the window thought the front of the card, stamped the sentiment making sure that you can see it once the wreath is adhered to the front (after coloring and diecutting). To add a little more interest, I ink blended the card base before sticking the lattice diecut. And of course finished off with some jewels!
Embossed background card : Instead of diecutting the lattice background, this time I embossed it on to the front of a A2 card base. Then I ink blended in a circle before sticking colored and diecut wreath image. For the sentiment I used a word diecut, cut from some gold cardstock, that I layered 4 times with regular cardstock to add some dimension. And y’all know that I can’t finish a card without some jewels!
I stamped all the wreath images with versafine ink on startemore bistol cardstock, embossed with gold embossing powder. Then I colored them with zig real brush markers and a nuvo aqua shimmer pen in glitter gloss.
If you made it this far into this post then thank you! I hope to be back with more posts and till then here are links to the products that I used.