Happy Foodie Friday! If you are here for cards, check out my post from earlier today! I used to blog about food, cakes and ALL the things way back when, and decided to tap into that again! Don’t worry there will still be A LOT of cards on the blog!
By the way, my recipes will come with tips and tricks, nothing else! So let’s get started!
Silky Sicilian Pasta
Serves : 4 | Prep time : 10-15 mins | Cook time : 30 mins
2 zucchinis, quartered and sliced
8 oz mushrooms (white or bella), thinly sliced
10 oz grape tomatoes, halved
¼ oz chives, thinly sliced
Juice of ½ a lemon
12 oz penne pasta, boiled and pasta water saved.
2 tsp italian seasoning (to make : equal parts parsley, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and black pepper)
½ tsp Better Than Bouillon Premium Seasoned Vegetable Base
8 Tbsp sour cream
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp butter
Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Heat up a little olive oil, add zucchini. Season with salt and pepper and cook till golden brown and softened. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside.
- In the same, heat up some more olive oil and add mushrooms. Cook until brown and crispy. Season with salt and pepper and add to the bowl with the zucchini, set aside.
- Wash the pan, on medium heat add butter and a little olive oil. Once butter is melted, add halved tomatoes along with 2 tsp italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Once the tomatoes are softened, stir in the chives and lemon juice. Reduce heat to low and stir in stock concentrate and ⅓ cup of reserved pasta cooking water. Lastly whisk in sour cream and adjust salt and pepper.
- Add zucchini, mushroom and drained penne to the pan and stir until combined.
- Top with remaining chives and parmesan.