Sticking with the #throwback theme that I mentioned in my last post, I’m sharing these cards that I probably made like 6 months ago! With a card kit that is almost a YEAR old, and even though the kit is sold out, the stamp sets I used are still available (I’ll link them below with everything else that I used.)
I started off by stamping all the images a few times and then coloring them on the go with derwart inktense color pencils. After a lot of fussy cutting, it was time to make the cards! (Update : Simon Says Stamp has released coordinating dies for this set if you want them!)
One of the reasons that I’m a sucker for card kits, it that everything is so perfectly coordinated. So of course I had to use the lovely patterned, along with the background stamp that came with it. Keep reading for more details of each card (I ended up with 12 cards, so this is going to be a pretty long post!)
1. Z- fold card : for this card I started with a 8.5 x 5.5 piece of card stock, and stamped with the background stamp from the kit. Then scored it at 4.25 edge from one edge and 2 1/8 inch from the other edge, to create the “Z-fold”. I also die cut a circle, so that you can write a message on it! I added a sentiment to the same ink that I used to stamp the background. Make sure to match up the circle with the stamped/colored image, so that it hide when you fold up the card.
2. Edge shaker card : For this card, I started with 2 pieces of 4.25 x 5.5 inch patterned cardstock. From one I cut a hexagon window on one edge. Using a piece of tulle, I folded it over and filled it with a mix of sequins matching the pattern paper, sealing it with some double sided tape. Next sandwich the tulle ‘pocket’ between the two pattern paper pieces and stick them to the card base. To finish the card, I added a colored image and a sentiment.
3. Window card : Using the same hexagon die from card #2, to cut a window in a pattern paper from the kit, layered it on a colored card base (also from the kit). I added another one of the colored images, along with the smaller sentiments stamped on little paper strips. Added the final touch with some twine and enamel heart stickers.
4. Birthday Frame card : For this card, I layered a pattern paper on the card base, then layered ‘happy birthday’ frame cut from another pattern paper, and placed it on a third pattern paper, to make it pop. Finally added a colored image along with some heart enamels.
5. And 6. And 7. Layered Pattern paper cards : For these three cards I layered different pieces of pattern paper (cut using rectangular edge dies), before adding a floral image and sentiment. For the first of the three cards, I cut the banner from the middle of the pink card stock, and covered it with the second layer. Saved paper and it matches exactly! The other two cards have embossed sentiment using pigment ink and clear embossing powder, saves you the trouble and space of collecting multiple powders!
8. And 9. Shinny Pattern Paper (2 ways) : this kit had an embossed shiny sheet, so I wanted to get the most out of it! For the first of the 2 cards, I cut a banner and embossed the sentiment, adding it along with a colored floral image. For the second card, I embossed one of the floral images on to the card stock in silver and the sentiment in black. Shiny cards are hard to photograph!
10. And 11. Border die cut cards : this two cards are made with leftover strips of card stock, die cut using border dies. After stacking on a plain card stock to create a background, I added a floral image and stamped sentiment. Finished them with some Nuvo drops.
12. Leftover scraps card : for the final card, I die cut a stack of hexagons with ALL the leftover scraps. Using a tape adhesive I cover the front of a card base with them to create the background and added a embossed sentiment on vellum.
And one last picture to wrap up this post! If you made it this far, thank you so so much!
Lastly, here’s a link to all the products I used :
Mandy’s Flowers Stamp Set // Simon Says Stamp
Bo Bunny Early Bird Paper Pack // Simon Says Stamp
Modern Rose Bloom Background // Simon Says Stamp
Doodlebugs Tiny Heart Enamels // Simon Says Stamp
Tonic Nuvo (in Bubblegum) // Simon Says Stamp
Derwent Inktense Pencil Set // Amazon
VersaMark Pigment Inkpad // Amazon
VersaFine Pigment Ink (in Onyx Black) // Amazon
Ranger Embossing Powder (Super Fine Clear)
Distress Oxides // Impress Cards and Crafts
Thanks again for stopping by my blog!
4 thoughts on “Watercolor pencils and Floral images (with Simon Says Stamp)”
Love all of these cards! You are too creative!!!
Thank you so much for always taking the time to support me!
Beautiful cards! I love that set. 😊
Thank you so much for stopping by! Hope they inspire you to get crafty too!